3GPP TSG RAN WG4 - Radio Performance and Protocol Aspects
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) is the primary body for developing technology specifications for cellular networks. It self-organises through its Working Groups coordinated by the Chairs of the Technical Specifications Groups (TSGs).
RAN WG4 (Radio Performance and Protocol Aspects) is responsible for the development of specifications dealing with UTRA, Evolved UTRA, and beyond. RAN WG4 responsibilities include:
- Radio specification for the Base Station and evolved Base Station, Repeater and Evolved Repeater, Terminal and evolved Terminal.
- Base Station and evolved Base Station, Repeater and Evolved Repeater Radio Conformance test specifications.
- Base Station and evolved Base Station, Repeater and Evolved Repeater EMC specification.
- Terminal and evolved terminal EMC specification.
- Radio Link requirement specification.
- Cell selection/reselection performance requirement specifications.
- Performance requirements in support of Radio Resource Management.
- Specification of the accuracy of measurements offered by the physical layer to the upper layers Radio system scenario analysis and simulation.
Requirements for UE and evolved UE tests as defined in TSG RAN WG5 for functions under RAN WG4 responsibility.
Xiang (Steven) Chen, RAN4 Chair, Futurewei. Member of ETSI. Elected in November 2019.
Haijie Qui, RAN4 Vice-Chair, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Member of TTA. Elected in August 2019.
Andrey Cheravyakov, RAN4 Vice-Chair, Intel. Member of ATIS. Elected in August 2019.