Webinar Part 1 on 20 April 15:30 CEST: Edge Computing - Industry Vertical Viewpoints
Tuesday 20 April, 15:30 CEST - Webinar Part 1: Edge Computing: Industry Vertical Viewpoints, bringing insights into edge computing in 5G, from opportunites and benefits to use cases and implementation across industry verticals. Superb line-up of experts from 5GAA, 5G-ACIA, Edge Gallery, the Automotive Edge Computing Consortium (AECC), Nokia and ETSI. Insights from the presentations will lead into an interactive panel discussion on the emerging edge computing marketplace, expected implementations across verticals with practical advice for verticals. and Interactive polling with the audience will prompt pointers of multiple perspectives, including implementation plans and common requirements across verticals.
Agenda (times are in CEST)
15:30-15:40 Welcome & Overview of Edge Computing - Poll with audience
15:40-16:40 Edge Computing around the World: Vertical Industry Viewpoints
- Leonardo Gomes Baltar, intel (Germany) and WG 1 Vice-Chair, Enabling Edge Computing to support Cellular-V2X Use Cases
- Gabriel YuYang, Technical Steering Committee Chair at EdgeGallery (China), EdgeGallery 5G Open Source and its Application in IIoT
- Nurit Sprecher, Nokia and ETSI MEC Founding Chair (multi-access edge computing), A common and extensible application enabling platform for new business opportunities
- Samita Chakrabati, Verizon Technical Lead at 5G-ACIA, Applicability of 5G Industrial Edge Computing at 5G ACIA
- Said Tabet, Chief Architect, Intelligent Connected Vehicles, Technology Lead IoT at Dell Technologies, Board Member AECC, Driving Data to the Edge
16:40-17:05 Interactive panel discussion: Market Rollout and Network Compliance
17:05-17:10 Polls and Wrap-up of Main takeaways
Co-chairs: Dr David Lund, President of Public Safety Communication Europe (PSCE) and Stephanie Parker, Trust-IT and Vice-chair of the 5G-IA Pre-Standardization WG.
Registration is open here.
This webinar is part of a webinar and workshop series designed for industry verticals co-hosted by 5G-IA, 5GAA, 5G-ACIA and PSCE as Market Representation Partners of 3GPP.