3GPP TSG RAN WG5 - Mobile Terminal Conformance Testing
The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) is the primary body for developing technology specifications for cellular networks. It self-organises through its Working Groups coordinated by the Chairs of the Technical Specifications Groups (TSGs).
RAN WG5 (Mobile Terminal Conformance Testing) is responsible for the development of UE conformance test specifications dealing with GERAN, UTRA, Evolved UTRA, and beyond.
Specifically RAN WG5 is responsible for:
- RF conformance tests in coordination with the other relevant RAN working groups.
- RRM conformance tests in coordination with the other relevant RAN working groups.
- GERAN, UTRA, evolved UTRA and beyond, IMS and NAS Protocol tests in coordination with the other relevant RAN and CT working groups respectively.
- Tests to cover Inter RAT procedures (GERAN, UTRA, and evolved UTRA).
- The formal description (prose) of protocol test cases for UTRA, evolved UTRA and beyond, Inter RAT, IMS and NAS using TTCN in coordination with MCC TF 1
RAN5 is also responsible for:
- Providing guidance to MCC TF 160 on its work priorities based on the anticipated needs of the wider test industry.
- For the delivery of UE conformance test specifications to meet the needs of the GERAN, UTRA, evolved UTRA and beyond related test industry in so far as resources allow. Therefore RAN5 will need to liaise directly with the relevant industry fora in order to determine its priorities and overall work plan.
Jacob John, RAN5 Chair, Motorola Mobility Espana SA. Member of ETSI. Re-elected to 3rd term in August 2019.
Pradeep Gowda, RAN5 Vice-Chair, Qualcomm Inc. Member of ATIS. Re-elected in November 2019.
Xiaozhong Chen, RAN5 Vice-Chair, CATT. Member of CCSA. Re-elected to 3rd term in August 2019.